This web site is owned and operated by The UnivFos, hereinafter referred to as Company.
This policy is limited to information collected by Company from marketing activities and through this web site. This web site may contain links to other web sites that are not controlled by or related to Company. Company is not responsible for these sites, their content, their omissions or the policies and practices engaged in by their owners and/or operators. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of these sites before deciding to disclose your personal information to the site operators. Our hyperlinks are not to be construed as an endorsement of any other web site.
The choice is always yours whether or not to provide personal information to the Company. Any personal information you provide will be treated with the utmost care and subject to this policy, will not be used or disclosed by Company in ways to which you have not consented. You may opt-out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information, as explained below. By submitting your personal information to us, you signify your consent to Company, its instructors, affiliates and business partners’ collection, use and disclosure of this information under this policy. By using our web site, you also consent to the collection and use of anonymous information as discussed below.
Personal information collected by Company
Company collects information in several ways. When you register for a course available with us, we may ask for contact information such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, and billing information. We may also ask you to complete certain forms or surveys that gather information about you, your academic background, business, profession, job and your opinions or comments. Correspondence sent to us by you or by third parties about your activities, including letters or emails, maybe collected into a file specific to you.
Non-identifiable information is sometimes collected from visits to our web site. In general, anyone can visit our web site without telling us who he/she is or revealing any information about the business or personal needs. Unless you complete an online form, our web servers collect anonymous, non-identifiable information about you such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet service provider, the date and time you access our web site, the Internet address of the web site from which you may have linked to our web site, the operating system you are using, the sections or areas of our web site that you visit, the web site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from our web site, but not the e-mail addresses of visitors. Our web site logs IP addresses and browser information for purposes of system administration, identifying technical difficulties, evaluating traffic patterns and usage of our web site, and otherwise providing content relevant to visitors to our web site. It may be aggregated to measure certain information, including, without limitation, the number of visits, average time spent on our web site, and related user practices. In general, we will use this information to measure the use of and to improve our web site and the benefits that you can get from using our web site. This non-identifiable information may also be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
Cookies and other technology
A technology called “cookies” may be used to provide you with tailored information and to help personalize and enhance your experience with our web site. A cookie is a tiny element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may be stored on your hard drive (not on our web site), and is used to recognize you as a previous user of our web site, to offer personalized web page content and information for your use, to track your activity at our web site so that we may better respond to your needs. Some cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are deleted shortly after the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our web site or engage in transactions through our web site.
Use of personal information
Your personal information is intended to be used only by the administrator, members of Company and the others specified below to provide programs and services, to respond to requests, to verify contact information, to provide account information, course pricing and other related information, to improve our offerings and to generally support your use of our services and our website. Personal information we collect may be used to enhance the benefits that you receive from Company in the following ways: Provide our services to you Confirm credit-worthiness Confirm your registration and orders Respond to your service enquiries or requests Communicate special offers to you if you chose to receive such notices Enhance our web site operation and efficiency Inform you by email, fax or mail of Company’s courses, upcoming events or other items you may find interesting.
At any time you may ask us to stop sending you email or mail by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. From time to time, however, we may send to you email or mail containing important information regarding our services or our web site, which we are required to deliver. You may not opt-out of receiving these communications. In general, we use information in the file we maintain about you and your profile to evaluate current and past activities, to resolve disputes and to troubleshoot problems. After a reasonable period consistent with our records retention and destruction policies, we will destroy or make anonymous any of your personal information that is no longer needed to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Use, disclosure, and transfer of personal data Personal information about our clients is an important part of the Company’s business, and we are not in the business of selling that personal information to others. We share client information only with the parties described below:
1. Disclosure to agents and suppliers. We may use third-party agents, suppliers and service providers to facilitate the provision of our programs and services. For example, we may outsource the operations of one or more aspects of our web site to a supplier or service provider who performs services according to our requirements. In some instances, the service provider may collect information directly from you (such as the situation where we ask a service provider to conduct a survey or contest for us). To provide certain services, we must disclose some of your personal information to certain service providers, such as our associates, or to a processing or authorization company to charge you for the services. Since we want to service your specific needs, we encourage our associates in business to follow privacy practices no less protective of all users than the practices we describe in this policy.
2. Disclosure to affiliates. We may provide your personal information to affiliates of the Company. They may use your personal information to provide you with email or other information about their products and services and other matters. In the event we share your personal information with any affiliates and subsidiaries, they will have agreed with us to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this policy. If at any time you do not wish us to make any further disclosure of your personal information to any affiliates and subsidiaries, please notify us at info@UnivFos.com
3. Disclosure to business partners. We may provide your personal information to certain companies with which we have developed a business relationship and which we believe can be of service to you. Before personal information is disclosed, the recipient organization will agree with us to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this policy. Recipient organizations may use your personal information to provide you with email or other information about their products and services and other matters. If at any time you do not wish us to make any further disclosure of your personal information to such organizations, please notify us at info@UnivFos.com
4. Disclosure in business transfers. We may sell or transfer some or all of the Company or merge with another entity. As part of that transaction, we may disclose your personal information to the other entity but will require the entity to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Data integrity and security When you provide personal data to us through our web site in any manner, such data is stored on secure servers that are protected by this Policy. To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we employ security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We will strive to protect your personal information, but Company cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online that information can be collected and used by others.
Company reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time and in its sole discretion. Any amendments we make to this Policy will apply to your personal information from the time we post the amendment on our web site. For your convenience, the date of the last update to this policy is listed below. It is your responsibility to regularly check our web site for amendments to this Policy. You agree to be bound by amendments when posted on our web site.
Important Information About Using Our Services
What Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. In general, we collect information from you through:
• Using any of our Services, including registering for a User Account through the Website(s)
• Purchasing from us, including registering and enrolling in any Online Course
• Signing up for email updates
• Uploading or posting to public forums included through the Services
• Submitting requests or questions to us via forms or email
• Requesting customer support and technical assistance
The types of data we collect directly from you include:
• Name, address, telephone number and email address
• Log-in credentials, if you register a User Account with us
• Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your shipping address. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information. Instead, we use a third-party payment processor to process our payments
• Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
• Demographic information, such as your gender, socio-economic status, and other personal information
• Information you provide to us in connection with any application or admissions process, including, for example, educational and work experience, prerequisite knowledge, any pre-assessment you complete, your goals, and other information
• Information you provide in connection with career services, for example, salary information, job placement information, career goals, work experience, and other information
• User-generated content you upload or post to public forums through the Services. Information needed to comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
• Information from third parties about you in connection with any referral programs we may offer
• Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services Participation in Online Courses.
If you desire to participate in an Online/blended Course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such an Online / blended Course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address. UnivFos, or its third-party service providers, may also collect certain information from you in conjunction with assignments, exams and other assessments related to the Online/Blended Course. For example, as part of a proctored exam for an Online/blended Course or to process your credential of completion for a said program, UnivFos (or its third-party service providers, may collect certain information from you to (a) verify or authenticate your identity or submissions made by you, such as a signature for a test or assignment log, a photograph or recording of you (e.g., using a webcam) or information included on a government-issued or other photo identification card or document, or (b) monitor your performance during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable test rules or requirements (e.g., confirming that you are not using prohibited resources). UnivFos may also collect information from you or about your performance or accomplishments related to the course, such as quiz/exam scores, grades, project evaluations, teacher evaluations and other evaluations of your performance or accomplishments. Profiles and Career Services. You can choose to share additional information, such as your work experience, resume and transcript, your picture, and answers to questions about your experience, studies and work preferences, when you create a professional profile through the career services we offer through our Services. You can also share information by updating your Profile, uploading documents, or answering questions or surveys we email you or present to you through our Services. Collectively, the professional profile and the materials you provide through the career services are referred to as simply your “Profile.” Please note, that by electing to make your Profile public, you acknowledge that:
• Your profile and all the included information, materials, documents and pictures will be shared with, and publicly viewed by, other third parties also accessing the career services portal and the Services (including without limitation, potential employers, recruiters, other learner or persons, and us);
• Employers and other third parties accessing the career services portal can contact you via your email address (or any other contact information you have provided in your Profile); and
• You and We can share your Profile and all the included information, materials, documents and pictures with employers, recruiters or career-related third parties.
We may offer certain Users the opportunity to refer (Referrers) their friends (“Referees”) to the Site through a third-party referral program whereby both Referrers and Referees may obtain credits or other rewards through such referrals. To the extent we offer such programs, the Referrers may share information about the Referees, including email addresses to share the referral offer. We may also share the Referrer’s email and name with the Referee as well as provide the Referer with the confirmation of the Referee’s acceptance of the referral which may include Referee’s email in connection with providing any such referral program.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific services you use, too:
• Send you the information in connection with the Services
• Respond to your communications and requests
• Manage and process Online /Blended Courses, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion; administering exams, projects, and other assessments; verifying a User’s identity as part of a proctored exam or exit interview for an Online/blended Course; and monitoring performance during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable testing rules or requirements
• Provide Services to you, such as services that you request in conjunction with the Online/blended Courses
• Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone (including via SMS messages) regarding UnivFos and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
• Customize the content we provide through the Services
• Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
• Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding the use of the Services
• Secure the Services
• Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
• Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
UnivFos will share your information in the following ways:
• Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, test proctoring, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
• Employers. We may share the information that we collect from you when you participate in an Online/Blended Course if the course is sponsored or paid for by your employer. For example, we may share with your employer pre-assessment results, the Online/Blended Courses you are interested in, your progress in the course, including project status, time spent actively involved in or with an Online/blended Course or interacting with your Mentor, and/or evaluations and performance assessments. If you make your Profile public on the Website, and your employer has access to the Website, then your employer will have the ability to view your Profile information and materials. This information may be shared at any time during the course or afterwards.
• Educational Institutions and Scholarship Partners. If you are taking a course sponsored or associated with a particular Educational Partner (e.g., such as a university or scholarship/sponsored partner), we may share information about you and your performance with the university or scholarship partner, including to report on your progress in the course. Information shared with our Educational Partners will be subject to the privacy policies and procedures of such partners.
• Business Partners. With your consent, UnivFos may share information that can be used to directly connect you with third party business partners, such as companies that may be offering products or services or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
• Profiles and Career Services. If you make your Profile public, your information will be publicly accessible and further share with our network of hiring partners, including, without limitation, performance in online courses, demographic information (such gender), details of your Profile and other information related to your work experience and goals.
• Related Entities and Affiliates. We may share information with our affiliated companies that are under the common ownership or control of UnivFos.
• Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of UnivFos’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, UnivFos will comply with such restrictions.
• Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, UnivFos may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as but not limited to, publishing a report on usage trends or survey results, as well graduation rates, careers studies and success rates, and other demographic information provided to us by our learners. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.